I am currently working as a supervisor (Team lead) at a Healthcare Data/IT KPO (Knowledge Process Outsourcing) company similar to BPOs. I will be turning 5 years soon!
I am actually a B.S Nursing graduate. Yes, I was able to be a nurse at a hospital and clinic but I guess, it is not really what I wanted. In the first placed, I took up nursing because back then it was so in demand and I really love Science, Biology and other stuff about the human body! haha.
Anyway, aside from being a Nurse, I also had my few years as an Online English Tutor to Koreans. Its was fun while it lasted but I didn’t really find any career growth in that line of work so I decided to resign. When I first started here in my current job, I was surprised as this was a formal setting kind of Job. We need to dress up casual business attire during Mondays to Thursdays and Friday is our wash day. It’s hard to choose what to wear everyday unlike before as a Nurse we have a Uniform and I will never run out of clothes!
Well what to wear (smart or business casual and dressdown on Fridays) is just a minor part of working here. But, as days go by, the more I realized how much I like this kind of Job. Like any other work or office work, I had experienced tensions with my co-workers and I was even reported to HR for something that I did not intentionally do, I think I posted this one before. There are also pressures in terms of deliverable, cut offs and deadlines and as a team lead, I get to talk to different kinds of people and need to vary my approach for each person.
Does your job make you happy? (50 questions) Although this is not so much related to my Course, I am very much happy with this Company and with the people I worked with (after all i wouldn’t last for 5 years). If this was asked to me during my first few days or years, I would definitely say No. Time and experience can really do so much and I am currently Happy for sure.
Right now, I am having second thoughts of working from home to be able to look after my son as he grows up and giving up on this work will be definitely hard for me.
Yep, this is my first post about my 50 questions. I know I made a previous post regarding how I love to read especially when I was in my Junior years. I used to go with my sister to a nearby bookstore every weekend after church and she would buy me any books for kids that’s for sale.
There’s one book that will always be first on my mind and it’s Dear Mr. Henshaw by Beverly Cleary, I have a lot of Beverly Cleary books but this was one is definitely for keeps. When I watched the movie “Stuck in Love”, there’s one scene where in the two main characters were on a date and they shared what is their Favorite book, turns out the characters both loved the book Dear Mr. Henshaw. My eyes lit up as I remembered the book. Well, the hopeless romantic in me wished that I could meet someone who shares the same kind of passion in reading. Anyway.. lol.
Dear Mr Henshaw is about a little boy named, Leigh Botts from a broken family. Together with his Mother they moved to a new town and new school. Everything happened after a school assignment in which they would need to write a letter to their chosen Author and for him it was Mr Henshaw, from their constant exchange of Letters, the two characters formed an unexpected bond.
For me writing is very essential. I love writing! (well, the reason why I have a blog) and what I liked about this book is that it was able to show how far a letter or someone’s writing can go. When we write, all the feelings, questions and thoughts are being constructed, it is some form of release and somehow creates a compelling story that everyone can relate to.
I do not read anymore like when I was younger (maybe due to technology and stuffs) but if I have time, I would definitely go back to reading. I wish someday, I can extend this amazing interest to my son.
“De Sooner De Better De Later De Letter De Madder I Getter”
― Beverly Cleary, Dear Mr. Henshaw
As I have always wanted, my blog has been and will always be as personal as possible. I do not even share this to my other social media accounts as I would want to keep all my rants and thoughts away from those people that I know. Away from criticism and unsolicited advises especially from people that pretends to care but really just wants or are looking for someone to be the topic of their afternoon coffee meet ups and random gossips.
Well Anyways, I thought to somehow distract myself from thinking of my current issues in life. I found these 50 Questions (50 Questions To Ask Someone If You Wanna Know Who They Really Are) from the Overrated Thought Catalog haha.
1. What is your favorite book?
2. Does your job make you happy?
3. What did you want to be when you were younger?
4. Why did your last relationship end?
5. What’s been your biggest mistakes so far in life and what did you learn?
6. Where is your favorite place in the entire world to go?
7. What is your top five favorite movies?
8. What are some of your favorite songs?
9. What qualities do you admire about your parents?
10. How would you describe your best friend?
11. What’s your favorite hobby to do alone?
12. What’s something you can’t go a day without doing?
13. What’s the most spontaneous thing you’ve done lately?
14. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done for love?
15. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
16. Why do you think you’re still single?
17. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
18. What is one dream you have yet to accomplish?
19. What is your greatest fear?
20. What are three things you value most about a person?
21. Who are five people you are closest with?
22. What is the greatest struggle you’ve overcome?
23. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
24. What’s the most exciting thing that’s happened this past year?
25. What’s your favorite beer?
26. What’s one thing that bothers you most about the world today?
27. Who are you closer with your mom or your dad?
28. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
29. If you could change one thing about the world what would it be?
30. Who was your favorite teacher and why?
31. What sport did you fall in love with?
32. What is the weirdest thing about you?
33. What was your longest relationship?
34. What would your best friend say is your best quality?
35. Who is your favorite historical figure?
36. What made you choose the college you went to?
37. If you could tell your former self one thing right now what would it be?
38. What food could you not live without?
39. Dogs or Cats?
40. What’s closest you’ve ever come to being arrested?
41. What was your best birthday?
42. What’s one thing you wish you knew how to do?
43. Where’s one place you’d like to go that you haven’t been?
44. What was the last book you read? And When?
45. Where do you usually get your news?
46. What are some of your own personal goals in the next 5 years?
47. What would you consider your greatest accomplishment so far?
48. If you could get away with anything that you do?
49. Who is your greatest hero?
50. What’s the greatest risk you’ve ever taken?
These questions are as direct as they should be. But, I am thinking that while answering them, well might as well make that each question will serve as a blog entry for the coming days. I hope I’ll be able to complete this!